Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Fort Final....sort of...

So I added some foliage and went back to refine some of my textures. This is my final image of the fort in Maya:



I was also working on some tileable grass and dirt textures. I dread painting it because it seems unnatural and premade:



Someone mentioned that my grass looked too much like an "American dream lawn" and did not look wild enough to be found at a pirate fort. So I attempted to repaint another grass texture:




I found this grass texture to be a bit more fitting. I blurred it because I wanted it to be subtle and have a softer feel like the grass textures in WoW. It's still a bit far from what I wanted it to be, but now I know that grass is one of my weakest areas.

This is my first attempt at tileable dirt. I realized that it looks more like a rocky ground texture rather than dirt so I tried to soften it a bit more.



I will need to repaint the grass and dirt textures before I can finally render it into Unity. 




No comments:

Post a Comment